Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Guide on creating icons in photoshop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
purry

purry

Guide on creating icons in photoshop? Vide
PostSubject: Guide on creating icons in photoshop?   Guide on creating icons in photoshop? Icon_minitime1August 26th 2008, 4:32 pm

I know I have done some simple color mods in the past like "whiety fox" and my itunes color mods. But I am wondering: How do you make an icon starting from scratch in photoshop? I dont get how you can create something with all that color and the gradients and everything, could someone explain?

I'm sure it would be helpful to me and a lot of other people here that have trouble making icons.

Thanks.
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Guide on creating icons in photoshop?   Guide on creating icons in photoshop? Icon_minitime1August 26th 2008, 4:40 pm

Well for really complex icons you can sketch them out first to get your proportions right, then i guess it just takes some practice with the pen tool and the blending options...
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Guide on creating icons in photoshop?   Guide on creating icons in photoshop? Icon_minitime1August 26th 2008, 4:55 pm

blending options?
explain? smile
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Guide on creating icons in photoshop?   Guide on creating icons in photoshop? Icon_minitime1August 26th 2008, 5:00 pm

On the Layers part in photoshop you right click on a layer and go to 'blending options...' and you can overlay gradients put on textures among other things...happy
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Guide on creating icons in photoshop?   Guide on creating icons in photoshop? Icon_minitime1August 26th 2008, 5:02 pm

So is that how people make it look like it has shadows and stuff like that?
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Guide on creating icons in photoshop?   Guide on creating icons in photoshop? Icon_minitime1August 26th 2008, 5:02 pm

Oh dear....

Pen tool is a must. If you cant use it you're stuffed.

Go and search on google. "Photosohp icon tutorials"

Something like that. Don't do something stupidly complex. Easy beginner stuff wink
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Guide on creating icons in photoshop?   Guide on creating icons in photoshop? Icon_minitime1August 26th 2008, 5:17 pm

GoSco wrote:
Oh dear....

Pen tool is a must. If you cant use it you're stuffed.

Go and search on google. "Photosohp icon tutorials"

Something like that. Don't do something stupidly complex. Easy beginner stuff wink

Thanks to you both.

@GoSco I saw your "First Class" and GMAIL icons on dA, brilliant icons! smile
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Guide on creating icons in photoshop?   Guide on creating icons in photoshop? Icon_minitime1August 26th 2008, 5:18 pm

purry wrote:

Yeah you can apply drop shadows and inner shadows smile
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Guide on creating icons in photoshop?   Guide on creating icons in photoshop? Icon_minitime1August 26th 2008, 5:44 pm

BOyOfWONDEr wrote:
purry wrote:

Yeah you can apply drop shadows and inner shadows smile

Awesome.. ok i found a real nice tut website with like a hundred of them.. I will work on them when i have sparer spare time. lol.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide on creating icons in photoshop?   Guide on creating icons in photoshop? Icon_minitime1

Guide on creating icons in photoshop?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: Requests and Discussions -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum | Computers and Internet | Computers | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com