Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Vide
PostSubject: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 14th 2008, 9:50 pm

I was wondering why did you guys started deskmoding?
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 14th 2008, 11:17 pm

cause default GNOME sucks and also just pure curiosity and messing around started doing manual stuff ect then found the world of modders happy
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 12:16 am

Because Windows XP was ugly. Now I'm on Vista Home Premium and decided to mod this as well. smile
amitburst

amitburst

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 12:17 am

Monkeys
abloggingape

abloggingape

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 4:10 am

After mastering Resource Hacker, deskmodding became my next goal into l33t demigod status...
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 4:18 am

Seeing mac emulation screenshots
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 5:18 am

@ alxmarcond I started like you but I hated how vista looked so the first day I got it I installed WB.
parry

parry

Subscriber
Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 5:50 am

Can't really remember what got me into it. I remember when I first started i would just change the icons and wallpaper confused
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 5:52 am

@Magic-Ace, I did the opposite, once I got vista I never used windowblinds again, sounds a bit strange but Aero is by #2 favorite look after Leopard
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 6:04 am

I hate Aero like crazy I just can't stand that much transparency.
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 6:14 am

aero is purdy. happy especially in black. but it does get boring after a while so i started modding. tongue
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 9:06 am

I like Aero when I first got it, but it's all a little big for my liking... Minimalism ftw! happy

Anyways, I've sort of got into it 'cause XP was really fugly and I wanted to make it look liek Vista. Which I then messed it up real bad and had to format my PC (it wouldn't boot properly), and then sort of left my XP PC But with a bit of reading and stuff, I got into it again when I got Vista and I haven't managed to kill my laptop yet, so all's good wink
Sakuvien

Sakuvien

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 9:17 am

I started my deskmodding when Longhorn presented their first black glassed desktops for the OS that is now Vista. Then I founded WindowBlinds and it was the revolution on my desktop.
But my very first deskmodding trend was with Tiger appearence when I found ObjectDock.
After that I started replacing all icons with IconPackager and after with IconTweaker.
After the Vista fever( tongue ) I back again to the Mac style, and when I joined the GGUI I left the Tiger style and adopted the Leopard style! cool
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 10:30 am

I don't really care about deskmodding, I got myself a dock because they are really nice and easy to use and I change the windows icons because they look fugly.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 1:09 pm

randomus_r: check my screenshots, mostly all minimal, minimal is the way to go happy
darkmarauder

darkmarauder

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 5:30 pm

Joined this forum!!
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 9:17 pm

i have no idea when or why... i just always have liked to change the look of my desk, maybe from seeing other people's screenshots a few yrs ago that showed me i could do different things with my desk, and i just did a lot of reading and researching and over time i was able to accomplish whatever look i wanted to get.
Alexx

Alexx

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 9:41 pm

Erm. Had a cluttered desk, ended up google-ing something to do with keeping it clean, came upon the 'dock' and went from there. thumbs up
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 16th 2008, 3:25 pm

Well, when I 1st met windows xp pro and changed its skin to the green one I wanted to change the wallpaper too, starting from there I've involved myself in customization, starting from downloading wallpapers and ending with downloading Photoshop and other programs..
blurred.pixels

blurred.pixels

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 20th 2008, 5:25 am

My friend had Vista and another friend had a Mac, so I searched "How to Make XP look like Vista/ Mac OS X" and found an article which Linked to deviantART, so I looked at screenshots etc there and wanted my GUI to look cool.
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 24th 2008, 11:54 pm

Well it started like this, I was about 7 when i started computing and i liked playing games, but non of them were online, then I got into runescape at a friends house and got onto the net. Then I started going runescape forums and stuff got into avatars and signature making, then I realized i sucked at runescape and wanted some money so I tried some hacking crap and screwing with CMD, then i learned that Mac's dont get viruses when i was doing some random hack crap, I also liked the look so decided to start emulating it, it wasnt until about a year ago though that I actually got windowblinds and stuff like that, but yeah, it was a long road for me.
Gerard19

Gerard19

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1August 25th 2008, 3:10 pm

mmm Because I used to see people's screenshots and I liked em so, I wanted to my desk look like that lol, and I did it =)
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding   Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding Icon_minitime1

Why did you start or how did you start deskmoding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Milkyway -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com