Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

[linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
steveacab

steveacab

I'm New
I'm New

[linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Vide
PostSubject: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 7:22 am

Hi

this is my first post because I dont speak a good english, but I watch your work and are very god (I love Jaz and your Paradise icons).

In the screenshot I dont activate Compiz, AWN or any effects.

The theme request excelsior engine found in the link down posted.
The Metacity theme found in the tarball, is NewHuman theme for Intrepid.

This is my last creation

[linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Twf11

[linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Scherm11

[linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Firefo10

for more information and download here or here.

The GDM login theme:

[linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Screen10

for more information and download here

More my creations found here and here

A good desktop theme "Japan Style" before you can find here

Now I must find the way to create a beautiful set of icons. I have not never made them.

enjoy
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 7:36 am

Great theme happy. Good thing I still have Ubuntu on my laptop
steveacab

steveacab

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 7:44 am

good thumbs up

I use ubuntu intrepid and opensuse11 now.

If you want un specific theme call me and I see what I can make
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 7:56 am

Oh yeah, thanks for reminiding me. I was gonna try out OpenSuse 11 as well wink, are you using the kde or gnome version?
steveacab

steveacab

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 8:04 am

GNOME!!! gnome4ever and on all.

I dont like kde.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 8:28 am

why would he develop a GNOME theme if he was on KDE xD thanks for the post and welcome! hoping to see more of these (im an Ubuntu/LFS user on GNOME ^_^)
steveacab

steveacab

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 8:35 am

kde is blundering. gnome is clean and intuitioning.

since there are, iconpackager works with wine?

I search an application for make icon. inkscape I do not succeed to use, I dont understand nothing to us.

having the file .png I can modify them in order to create a icons theme.

edit:

if I have the 128x128 file .png with an script and imagemagick I make all iconpackage (16x16,22x22,24x24,32x32,64x64,128x128)
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 10:33 am

yeah, to make an icon theme in GNOME there was an app a lot like iconpackager... search the repos for icons and look around in there, for now though, just go to ~/.icons/ (Ctrl + H in Thundar and Nautilus to show hidden files) and just replace files and reapply the theme, if nothing is there, go to /usr/share/pixmaps/icons/ and grap the default GNOME theme and place it in ~/.icons/ and then just replace images wink delete all of the links in the folder first though and then make links for alternative browsers, ect so that it works on a bunch of computers and no one has to manually apply any icons cause thats annoying, and plus, its your job as the developer wink
steveacab

steveacab

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 10:41 am

alxmarcond wrote:
yeah, to make an icon theme in GNOME there was an app a lot like iconpackager... search the repos for icons and look around in there, for now though, just go to ~/.icons/ (Ctrl + H in Thundar and Nautilus to show hidden files) and just replace files and reapply the theme, if nothing is there, go to /usr/share/pixmaps/icons/ and grap the default GNOME theme and place it in ~/.icons/ and then just replace images wink delete all of the links in the folder first though and then make links for alternative browsers, ect so that it works on a bunch of computers and no one has to manually apply any icons cause thats annoying, and plus, its your job as the developer wink

edit:
yes, I know them already. but I want create the icons from zero, because between places, mimetimes and other lack some file and I do make it

Last edited by steveacab on August 12th 2008, 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 10:42 am

oh, so u mean actually making the icons, well, your going to have to learn how to use Inkscape or GIMP, i suggest learning both and incorperating them both into your icons, check out www.tutorialized.com for GIMP tutorials and www.vectorized.com for some good inkscape tutorials
steveacab

steveacab

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 2:07 pm

thanks.

I found an good tutorial and I make my first icon.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 2:19 pm

cool! go ahead and post it for us!
steveacab

steveacab

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 3:49 pm

alxmarcond wrote:
cool! go ahead and post it for us!

I insert it in [Continued] Official PNG Thread 3d
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM   [linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior   with GDM Icon_minitime1

[linux theme] Intrepid-excelsior with GDM

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: Themes & Other -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum on Forumotion | Computers and Internet | Computers | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com