Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
purry

purry

1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Vide
PostSubject: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1June 27th 2008, 1:54 am

Well this is my current set up:

I have the laptop with on VGA port, it is hooked up to the Samsung Monitor, but I want to be able to use the Envison monitor on the far right, how do I do this? I searched google and nothing helped, remember i only have one VGA port. no DVI.

Last edited by purry on June 27th 2008, 2:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Xiloa

Xiloa

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1June 27th 2008, 2:04 am

Can you get a splitter hookup? Otherwise with only one port and 2 monitors..impossible
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1June 27th 2008, 2:12 am

Splitter Hookup? Explain, that may be my way in.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1June 28th 2008, 8:14 am

it acts as a headphone spliter does so that u can hook up two rather than one vga to a port
darkmarauder

darkmarauder

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1June 28th 2008, 8:47 am

So you have 1 port and want 2 monitors?

This is what I'm about to buy: Supports a massive resolution

You just may have to find a US retailer
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1June 28th 2008, 2:31 pm

@alxmarcond

Thanks for the explanation

@darkmarauder

Thanks very much! I will be looking for it!
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1June 28th 2008, 6:56 pm

I dunno if you saw this? This is a VGA splitter, but I dunno if it does exactly what you want, cause some of them work a little differently. Just read the info on it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00083Y4B0

The manufacturer is Tripp Lite, they make very good equipment and accessories. So you can visit the site as well to find out more info.

Last edited by chekkz on June 29th 2008, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Xiloa

Xiloa

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1June 28th 2008, 10:01 pm

Yeah those are what I meant by splitter
cirix

cirix

PostSubject: Re: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1June 29th 2008, 5:16 pm

I don´t think you can use a simple splitter, you should use a USB VGA card, or get a cheap second computer and run Maxivista or a similar software on it, hook up 2 screens to laptop and the third one to the desktop, then connect both computers on a network.

A splitter will get you both monitors looking the same and they would have to use the same resolution.
IINexusII

IINexusII

Subscriber
Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1July 2nd 2008, 7:06 pm

im sure you might have something else than just a VGA port. S-Video or something? you could use that and put some adaptors on it to make it vga or dvi
cirix

cirix

PostSubject: Re: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1July 2nd 2008, 11:52 pm

S-Video would be a low quality compared to the native resolutions the monitors support, IMO not worth using S-Video for a monitor.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.   1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays. Icon_minitime1

1 Laptop, 1 VGA port, 2 Displays.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Hardware -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com