Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Help me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
purry

purry

Help me. Vide
PostSubject: Help me.   Help me. Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 8:03 pm

Please help me, I am very very very freaked out right now.

This morning I received an email from someone I don't know who called them self Melissa. She said some things and its very scary to me because she might be one of those crazy online people. Here is a copy of the message.

"Hi (my name)! My name is Melissa and I go to (school's name) High School, one of my friends goes to your school which is called (my schools name) right? (she is right) Anyway, my friend is really cool and said you were cool so she gave me your email. I hope I can talk to you more and meet you in person some time!"

She knows my name, what school i go to and the name of a high school right next to my school, she doesn't even say who her "friend" is. I blocked her email from almost everything i have, forums, email, IM all that, then i told my mom and she said I am safe as long as she doesn't know we live.

What do you guys think? Because i am flipping out right now. Maybe it is one of my friend's friends but I can never be sure. Please help.

Any feedback is appreciated.
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

Help me. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Help me.   Help me. Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 8:06 pm

Scary stuff. You done the right thing. I wouldn't reply to it.

Might be real, but I wouldn't be too sure.

Just ignore the message wink

Could be a prank.
purry

purry

Help me. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Help me.   Help me. Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 8:07 pm

I didn't reply. Ok thanks for those comforting words wink
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Help me. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Help me.   Help me. Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 8:47 pm

I wouldn't be scared. If this wasn't spam its a real person (hopefully another kid). If its a child predator dial 911 happy
amitburst

amitburst

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Help me. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Help me.   Help me. Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 9:19 pm

Something like this happened to me a few years back
I was chattin' with my buds on AIM, and all of a sudden I get this IM from some random screen name...I opened it up and i started talking to the person because she said she knew some of my friends (she named them). But as we kept talking she knew my name and what school i went to and everything...It was really scary and they would never leave me alone on AIM, so I blocked them...
A few years later, it turned out to be someone from another school just pulling a prank on me..She got my name and everything from a friend of hers that I knew.
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

Help me. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Help me.   Help me. Icon_minitime1June 15th 2008, 12:10 am

well you did the right thing.. i hope you feel better about it now... hopefully it turns out to be somebody you know messing with you.. but you'll be ok smile
purry

purry

Help me. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Help me.   Help me. Icon_minitime1June 15th 2008, 2:27 am

Thanks for all your replies, you guys are probably right it probably is some friends because they didn't like ask for anymore information.
Sponsored content

Help me. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Help me.   Help me. Icon_minitime1

Help me.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Milkyway -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com