Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Permision to Use Icon-Releases

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
TigerGTS

TigerGTS

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Permision to Use Icon-Releases Vide
PostSubject: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 11th 2008, 6:41 pm

Hello to everyone!

I've opened this thread to present you the following icons I selected from the Icon-Releases thread and to request your permission to use them on a web-site I will develop in the following weeks.

I have selected icons from more authors so I will use only the ones for which I receive the artist's confirmation for use, and of course, I will use them only after the confirmation to avoid future misunderstandings or incriminations that I used your work without permission.

Regarding the retribution for letting me use your icons, I can not pay you. In exchange, I will credit the artists in the site footer where I will use the icons. Also, I am opened to a "work exchange" (- you can find a large part of my work on deviant art).

Please consider that it is very important that the released icons are your work.

If anyone else has similar icons and wishes to let me use them with the above conditions, is welcomed to let me know. I am also opened to any other retribution proposal that I might escaped.

Here are the Icons selected for my needs. Please don't consider them like "the best of" or something like that - all Icons released are of very very good quality, but I only need the following:

Permision to Use Icon-Releases Iconss10
Mitch

Mitch

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 11th 2008, 6:45 pm

All of these icons belong to big artists off of this forum. You won't have a chance of getting permission from this forum, seeing as we don't own any of them.
jaz

jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 11th 2008, 6:56 pm

Sorry TigerGTS, but you would need expressed permission from each of the iconists who created these icons.
I believe these were meant for personal use therefor, you would not be able to make them part of an interface.

Last edited by jaz on June 11th 2008, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 11th 2008, 6:56 pm

Yup. The Samsung tv icon is by Jonas rask (jonasraskdesign.com) you can get his permission there. Newsfire is by him as well.
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 11th 2008, 7:00 pm

The games folder is a mod by me. I made the pacman emblem but the original folder was made by an artist on DA. wink
TigerGTS

TigerGTS

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 11th 2008, 7:10 pm

Hmmm... Ok, thank you very much for your kind feedback.

The fact is I thought they were your exclusive work and having the possibility to talk directly to the artist would have been great, but going out of the forum looking for the artists is not worth it.

This is why I wanted to consult you first, but in these conditions I will not use the icons...
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 11th 2008, 7:11 pm

Yeah you'd need permission from every artist first
and the 3rd icon (truck) is exclusive tongue
ichiDS

ichiDS

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 12:17 am

You want the icons to decorate the website...I don't think that anyone would mind if you don't claim it as yours or distribute them if you will only add them to the background you can use it smile

If it's a exclusive icon you need permission...but if it's on DA or a site like that you don't (for example the chaching one)
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 12:28 am

But the cha-ching one is actually for the Application "Cha-Ching". So I doubt he could just use that. The mods of the mac applications like ical and ichat, still belongs to apple, no? So doubt he could use that either.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 12:33 am

still belong to apple? Actually he could use those without permission from apple lol

but of course from the artist who made the mod wink
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 12:41 am

^^i mean the application that the icon represents, since it's a modification of the original applications icons... don't you need permission from the developer of the icon to actually release modifications of their work for public use? that would be kinda putting us on blast wouldn't it? isn't that why a lot of stuff we have here are not actually "releases".. and some people awaiting "permission" to release things?
i must be missing something :undecided:
ichiDS

ichiDS

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 12:46 am

nobody ask permission to big companies guys...I doubt that steve job visit every site where people use their icon...

But if you use icons released on publics sites(like DA) on a site without comercial intetitions won't mid anyone
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 12:46 am

No......

If you needed permission from APPLE to release an iChat icon how do you think there are so many around!

You only need permission if this isnt a well know icon like a kfc logo or safari icon, for example you need permission if you want to mod upon someone elses work they MADE, some other persons, not a company logo or icon happy
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 12:51 am

^^ i get it now.. i didn't know that.. i thought that's why when people create the mods, they always say that it's for personal use only thumbs up

lol either way he said that he's not using them, so i guess that's that.
Dashsutra

Dashsutra

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 7:01 am

the trasmit mod is by Tomtom or im false worried
TigerGTS

TigerGTS

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 8:31 am

Lol... as you can see I am not a mac / apple user... and I didn't even know those icons were from big companies angry
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 8:40 am

You don't go to apple. Say if you want to use a transmit icon, you go to Panic or the site of the original designer. They wouldn't give you permission to use them though.
TigerGTS

TigerGTS

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 4:59 pm

I don't even bother with big corporate companies... I'll go for a classic design so I will avoid using those icons...
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Permision to Use Icon-Releases   Permision to Use Icon-Releases Icon_minitime1

Permision to Use Icon-Releases

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Milkyway -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com